- Things to do & places to see
Cefn Coed is the ideal base to explore the Lleyn Peninsula and the Snowdonia National Park. The local village of Chwilog has a Pub and an award winning Butcher, Post Office and general store.
Criccieth with its Castle, beaches and famous Cadwalader's ice cream, many shops, restaurants, take a ways and cafes is only 3 miles away. Pwllheli with its Marina, sailing club/academy and 3 beaches and supermarkets, leisure centre with swimming pool, gym, tennis, squash and badminton courts is only 6 miles away.
Some attractions and activities for you :
- Criccieth, Harlech and Caernarfon Castles
- Porthmadog, Pwllheli, Nefyn , Abersoch and Royal St. Davids Golf Clubs.
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns & Sygun Copper Mine.
- Portmeirion Italian Village.
- Dare you have a go on the longest zip wire in the northern hemisphere?
- Glasfryn karting, ten pin bowling and other activities.
- Gypsy Wood, Greenwood Forest Park, Pili Palas and Bodnant Gardens
- Coed y Brenin Visitor Centre
- Feestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways
- Welsh Highland Heritage Railway
- Snowdon Mountain Railway
- The National White Water Centre, based on the River Tryweryn
- Snowdonia Riding Stables
- The Luxury Charter Cruiser
- Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club
- The Beacon Climbing Centre
- Electric Mountain, Llanberis
- Criccieth Festival
- North Wales Country Fair, Bala
- Abersoch Sailing Club
- Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion Village
- The Wales Coast Path
- Anglesey Sea Zoo
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens
- Penrhyn Castle
... the list is endless.